The first BEPA Matchmaking event of 2022 for the 2022 Batt4EU Horizon Europe calls turned out a success!
More than 120 attendees joined the annual online matchmaking event to get an overview of the Horizon Europe calls on batteries which will be opening on 28 April 2022.
While Philippe Jacque, BEPA Secretary General, gave a short overview of the Batt4EU Partnership, and presented the results of the 2021 round of calls, as well as the calls for 2022, BEPA Executive Board members, Franz Geyer and Simon Perraud, highlighted the different calls and the specific call conditions in detail.
The gist of the event was, however, the two pitching sessions dedicated to members and (members of) some of BEPA’s affiliated associations who presented their project ideas to scout for collaborations among listeners.
- Jamie Smith from LiNa Energy highlighted their solid-state sodium battery technology and asked for collaboration on the call on Interface and electron monitoring for the engineering of new and emerging battery technologies (D2-01-02).
- Mariusz Walkowiak, director of the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals (Poznań Division) pitched a consortium for call D2-01-05 to develop technologies for intrinsically safe e-bus batteries throughout the whole value chain – which his institute aims to lead.
- Marion Bechtold from KU Leuven was also interested in forming a consortium for call D2-01-05, focusing on degradable, flexible zinc-ion batteries. She was interested in finding partners with expertise in modelling, electrolytes and machine learning.
- Axel Schönecker from E-magy pitched their nano-porous silicon solution for silicon-dominant anodes. He could see a role for E-magy in a consortium for the D2-01-05 call, but was open to join consortia on other calls as well.
- Next up was Mathieu Saraiva from the French Automotive & Mobility Network who pitched a solution by their member Mersen interested in calls D2-01-05 and D2-01-06.
- Viera Pechancova of Thomas Bata University in Zlín showcased their experience in European projects and declared their interest in joining consortia for the calls D2-01-05, D2-01-06 and D2-01-08.
- SINTEF is building a consortium for call D2-01-01 on sustainable processing for graphite. Fride Vullum-Bruer presented the current consortium and was looking for an industry partner on the large scale production of graphite from biomass.
Pitches continued after the coffee break with additional project ideas!
- Sonia García from the Tekniker, presented a project idea that will allow to extend the scope of the call D2-01-07 on virtual testing to other type of batteries, including redox-flow batteries.
- Imran Ghoni recorded a video-pitch of the recycling process developed by Batteryminers, currently interested in joining a consortium for call D2-01-10.
- Also interested in joining a consortium for D2-01-10 is Circunomics. Cesar Prados showcased their IoT platform for battery life management, allowing battery tracing via a circular twin, circular analytics and a circular marketplace for afterlife trading.
- Luis de Prada from EUCAR highlighted how EUCAR functions as a bridge between the large vehicle OEMs and the research programme. He stated that the OEMs are interested in joining consortia on calls D2-01-05 to D2-01-10 and that EUCAR can serve as a contact point for consortia looking for end-users in the mobility field.
- Finally, two members of EARPA, the association of automotive R&D organisations presented their projects.
- Bernhard Stanje pitched a consortium for call D2-01-09 for a physics and data-based BMS.
- Dimitrios Zarvalis of CERTH pitched that several EARPA members are converging on forming a consortium for D2-01-06 on embedding smart functionalities into battery cells.
With more than 300 people registered and over 66 meetings already scheduled, the matchmaking platform is successfully encouraging connections among battery stakeholders to find the perfect match for the 2022 Batt4EU Horizon Europe calls.
Until May 1st, registrations will remain open on the matchmaking platform in order to book 1-on-1 talks with other entities or post requests for projects and partners on the marketplace. Register here: BEPA MATCHMAKING
BEPA president, Michael Lippert, made the official closing remarks showing great enthusiasm in seeing the interest gathered from the entire battery value chain.
The SLIDES from the event are now available!